My Crazy Clan

My Crazy Clan

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Mission Statement:

I hope to make everyone aware of Breast Cancer and inspire women from all walks of life to go and get a Mammogram. I'm fully aware that instead of naming my blog "So Much More," maybe I should have named it, “Of course their fake, my real ones tried to kill me!" Then again, there is so much more to life then just having Breast Cancer, and if nothing else, this experience has made me reevaluate my life and appreciate the moments that take my breaths away, instead of the moments that have stopped me in my tracks.
I’ve also found that laughter is the key to helping me get through this difficult journey, and without it I would be pathetically lost.
Aside from the fact that my Dr's. are learning there isn't a filter between my mouth and my brain, (and that they will most likely need to seek professional psychological help after having me as a patient.) They are some of the neatest and most compassionate men in their profession. I’ve also met some incredibly brave women of all ages, going through the same experience that I am but all of them on different levels and fazes of their treatment. These women have such amazing courage and zeal that it is both humbling and awe inspiring to say the least, and I hope that I can have half the courage and strength that they've shown as well as maintain my sense of humor while I go through this journey.
So if your interested in my story that is "so much more" then breast cancer, then keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times . . . and for heaven sake go get a Mammogram! You are never to young, and by the time you are forty it might be to late!

5 comments:

  1. Love it. I enjoy hearing your perspective on your illness and what you are learning as your journey begins. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had my "hooters" checked last week. Now they bounce off my knee caps and I can read through them, but I got a passing grade. Glad you're back in the game. I'm a dedicated follower, girl. Nice blog site & a perfect one to share in cyberspace. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and Prayers are with you Jenny and Rod and family. Love you. Terry and Kay and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny--It's Jenn Jenkins--I didn't know you had been so sick, I'm so sorry! You are an amazing lady and I know God is with you every day. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your family is so beautiful! Stay strong---I love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn,
    it's good to hear from you. I'm hangin' in there and taking it a day at a time, but that's about all anyone can do in one of these situations. Not only am I learning a lot, but I'm quickly becoming an expert on modern medical terminology and anything else concerning Cancer :-)

    ReplyDelete