My Crazy Clan

My Crazy Clan

Monday, April 13, 2015

Choose to Be or Choose Not to Be!

Why do we as human's feel that we must weigh in on other people's choice to live or die?

I'm not talking about abortion here, I'm talking about death with dignity. So here is my question, if you knew you had a terminal disease and that you were going to leave this world in a painful and degrading manner would you choose to end your life early?
Brittney Maynard made world wide news when she advocated to end her life with dignity. Many people were upset over Brittney's personal choice to end her life, while others supported and encouraged her.
This is clearly a decision that took a lot of thought and soul searching for Brittney, to end her life early, knowing what she would be facing with terminal cancer. I personally could never choose to end my life early, but that is just me. I don't feel that this is a choice to be made lightly nor is it a decision that other's should weigh in on. Maybe Brittney said it best in a letter she left behind before she ended her life, "It is people who pause to appreciate life and give thanks who are happiest. If we change our thoughts, we change our world! Love and peace to you all."


No comments:

Post a Comment