My Crazy Clan

My Crazy Clan

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Another lump

I found another lump in my breast the other day. It’s in the same breast that the cancer was in. I was told that if the cancer came back, it would come back either in my breast, bones, brain, liver or my lungs. Surprisingly I didn't panic, because I’m getting better at listening to my body, sill, once burned twice shy, so I went into the doctor and had ultrasound. It turned out to be a cyst, but I’m lucky enough to have a doctor that believes that a breast shouldn't have lumps!

Most doctors in this valley will tell you not to worry about a lump. If it is a cyst it might go away, or it might not, which is also true. Often a doctor will they drain them, but seldom will they remove a cyst.
My theory . . . If it shouldn't be there, get rid of it!

I have a friend that has been fighting with her doctor for the last five years over a lump in her breast. She wants it removed, the doctor has told her it would be a senseless surgery.
My question? Why stay with a doctor who isn't willing to listen to your concerns? Bottom line . . . it’s your body! Remember, that all you are is a chart at the end of that doctor’s day, so find a doctor who is willing to listen to your fears and work with you in order to find a solution that will alieve your fears! 


Luckily, I have found that type of doctor! I will be going in for a simple procedure in March to remove the lump. On the down side, I will have to make use of the operating room which is never a fun thing to do, but in the end it will be well worth the peace of mind it will bring me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment