My Crazy Clan

My Crazy Clan

Friday, March 20, 2015

And on that Note

I thought I would let anyone know who is reading my blog, that as strange as it may seem, Leslie Jensen (from my previous post) has a brother that has thyroid cancer. It has spread to his lungs and other parts of his body, and yet he pushes forward in life every day with a positive attitude. In fact, he recently married and is continuing his education at USU. He knows he will not live a long life, because the cancer has metastasized beyond medical help, but he is thankful to be alive. I bring this subject up again, because I am continually in awe at the positive outlook most cancer patients have. Here is a family that has been knocked down by cancer twice, once by the very real disease and another by fraudulent actions.
Leslie went to court on Tuesday, and was sentenced for her crimes. I hope and pray that she will get the help that she needs, and sees the error of her ways.
A few people have asked me how I feel about Leslie’s sentencing and if I am angry that she did not get a severe sentencing.
My answer is no.
I know there have been a lot of mean things posted about Leslie since this has all come to light. I don’t read the comments, because trashing somebody good or bad is wrong. I do hope people will one day understand that this young lady needs mental help, and not judge her as harshly as she is currently judging herself. If you really consider it, she has now lost everything.

So why am I not angry? Well, for starters I think when you experience something like cancer, it allows you to be less judgmental of those around you. That doesn’t make what Leslie did was right, but I hope that she will finally be able to get the help that she needs. Everyone has problems, but what we do and how we act to solve those problems is what defines us. I can only hope that anyone who might be doing a fraudulent act or might be considering doing something this dishonorable in the future, will be caught and brought to justice, but if not, karma will catchup to them in the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment