My Crazy Clan

My Crazy Clan

Monday, March 9, 2015

Let me know if I can help is really no help at all!

If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help-or would it be better o just jump in and help them? Many people mean well by saying "let me know if I can help," but in reality that isn't helping.

I know when I was going through chemo, I would be dog tired to the point I couldn't even make dinner for my family. A dear friend of mine who had gone through chemo and radiation a few years before, understood what I was experiencing. She didn't ask what she could do for me, she would find out what day I had chemo, then when I got home from my treatments, a hot meal would be waiting that she had prepared.
It is the people who have experienced cancer and are now living life after cancer, that are most often the one's who become a safe harbor for those going through the journey of cancer.
So here's my advice on helping someone going through a tough time. If you want to help, but you're unsure how to help, here is a solution. Call that person up and give them three options: maybe, you'll do their laundry, make a meal or you will come clean their home. By giving them choices they can pick from you are not only helping them, but you are making it easier on you on how to help. If they still say no, tell them to pick one of the three choices or you will pick one for them. Chances are your friend will appreciate you picking a choice for him/her.

Sometimes helping someone else is as simple as offering a prayer. Don't say, "I'll keep you in my prayer's" and then don't do it. That is as bad as saying what can I do to help you and expect them to tell you!

Prayer helps!

The individual you are praying for WILL feel your prayer's! I can attest to that!
Not only did I know people were praying for me, but I felt their prayers!
So if you feel like you are being intrusive by just showing up and doing your friends laundry, or you think they will feel uncomfortable with that idea, then just pray for your friend.
Every prayer helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment